Widows Sons Web Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion (Public) > Main Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man." ~Benjamin Franklin~

The world's largest army

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RidgeRunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RidgeRunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The world's largest army
    Posted: May/04/11 at 2:03pm
Do you know who the world's largest army is?...
The Answer might just surprise you!

America's Hunters!  That's right..  American Hunters

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin.

Allow me to restate that number.  Over the last several months, Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than in Iran, and more than in France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.
That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home.
Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of just those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.
The point?
America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.  That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought when next we consider gun control.
Dale W Wright
Founding Member
Rough Ashlars Chapter Indiana
Indiana Grand Chapter

Everything in life will Rust, Rot, Fad or Fail. Dale W. Wright
Repeater View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Repeater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/11 at 2:32pm
I"m for Gun control  oh  and an end to war would be nice too
Repeater View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Repeater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/11 at 2:35pm
The only problem , as i see it, that americans have it that they shoot anything that moves,, anything that moves  anything at all  Cool  

I got get a faster bike
Tank View Drop Down
Non-Member
Non-Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/11 at 1:25am
I am all in favour of gun control as long as it means hitting what you are aiming at! 
Tank

High Twelve

Alberta

"How Stands the Hour"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RidgeRunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/11 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Repeater Repeater wrote:

The only problem , as i see it, that americans have it that they shoot anything that moves,, anything that moves  anything at all  Cool  

I got get a faster bike

That's the trouble with people outside the scope of what a true American is.
God - Guns - Guts made America a Great Nation.......
We need to put all 3 back in and straighten out this mess we're in.
We need Ted Nugent to run this country.

PS...............
I haven't seen a bike on the road yet that can out run a bullet.
Dale W Wright
Founding Member
Indiana Grand Chapter

Repeater View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Repeater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/11 at 1:30pm

sounds like you got a case of Cat Scratch Fever

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RidgeRunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/11 at 10:32pm
Yep.it's in my Tango Wango
Dale W Wright
Founding Member
Indiana Grand Chapter

Lawsy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawsy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/11 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Tank Tank wrote:

I am all in favour of gun control as long as it means hitting what you are aiming at! 

Thumbs UpHandshake
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic