Widows Sons Web Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion (Public) > Main Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Vests and Patches

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vests and Patches
    Posted: October/19/11 at 1:27pm
Rob Thompson
Quebec Grand Chapter WS
Rob Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/11 at 1:31pm
WE are trying to get a sense of what other Chapters are allowing for patches on vests.  We have the Widows Sons patch on the back with Quebec and Grand Chapter rockers above and below.  On the front we ahve the original Widows Sons small patch and the Square and Compass on the left breast.  We have a motion for our next meeting:  to put a square and compass patch on the back left shoulder, a personal name patch on the front and a Canadain flag on the back bottom.  Any thoughts or best practises to share? 
Rob Thompson
Quebec Grand Chapter WS
bounce View Drop Down
Non-Member
Non-Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bounce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/11 at 2:01pm
We have our top and bottom rocker, center WS patch, and a square and compass on the left shoulder.  Other than that, we allow anything that is not offensive or profane.  I have a second square and compass on my right shoulder, my name, officer, and chapter founder name patch on the left front, on the right my charter member patch and a small WS patch. 

I also have a rally patch on the bottom of the back of my vest.
MGBROWN View Drop Down
Non-Member
Non-Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGBROWN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/11 at 12:26am
In Alberta, we have the three piece and the square and compass on the back. On the front, officers'tag if applicable, canadian flag, past masters' patch and a memorial patch if desired. Nothing else allowed on the outside of the vest, patch wise. Trying to keep it clean cut.
Martin G. Brown

Edmonton,AB.

Pres. Cornerstone Chapter &
Alberta Grand Chapter rep.

Rob Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/11 at 7:00am
Martin:  Thank you for the information.  What does your memorial patch cover?  Is it when a member of your Grand chapter has passed on?
Rob Thompson
Quebec Grand Chapter WS
Clean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/11 at 10:12am
When I first inquired into the WS, I was informed that the back belongs to the WS and the front belongs to me, so long as I don't put anything on that I wouldn't wear into open lodge. That appealled to me.
Clean

Brian Luckritz
Lyons Lodge #93
President
Bedouins Chapter
Clinton Iowa
MGBROWN View Drop Down
Non-Member
Non-Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGBROWN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/11 at 12:54pm
That also works, especially in your chapters.
I was just saying what we do, not opining what everyone should do.

Martin G. Brown

Edmonton,AB.

Pres. Cornerstone Chapter &
Alberta Grand Chapter rep.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic